Connecting with your audience in the right place at the right time has always been the focus of marketing.
But times have changed, and even the way businesses approach their customers has altered. Traditional marketing has taken a step back, bringing Digital marketing to the forefront.
Digital marketing allows businesses to leverage a variety of digital channels, such as search engines, social media, email and other websites to connect with current and prospective customers.
Digital marketing can bring a lot of opportunities and growth to businesses, with billions of people constantly using their devices to do research or scroll through social media. It can lead to exposure and more sales. Additionally, it is a more cost-effective form of advertising and enables you to continually measure success and pivot as you see fit.
6 Different Types of Digital Marketing:
- SEO: This is a marketing strategy that requires businesses to focus on increasing their websites ranking to increase their traffic. The higher your website ranks on Google search, the more chance it is to grow your brand.
- PPC or Pay-per-click: It’s a marketing strategy that will draw paid traffic to your business website. The advertiser will pay the publisher every time their ad has been clicked.
- Social Media: It involves platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Spotify and more. These platforms are used by businesses to promote their brand by creating valuable content and allowing them to connect directly with customers.
- Email Marketing: It’s one of the oldest forms of digital marketing that has one of the highest returns on investment. It involves sending out personalised emails to a target audience or previous customers.
- Content Marketing: It’s a strategy that allows businesses to bring their customers valuable content instead of pitching them sales about their product, this can be done through informative blogs.
- Video Marketing: Video is the most popular media distributed online. You can use it to promote your brand or a product, show behind the scenes of your business, share stories, and testimonials.
Want to know why your business really needs a digital marketing strategy?
Digital marketing allows you to target a highly-specific audience and send them personalised, high-converting messages.
You may use PPC or SEO strategies to deliver ads to users who have searched specific keywords or shown interest in your product or service. Alternatively, you could do this by using social media’s targeting features to show ads to a certain audience based on variables such as gender, age, location, behaviours, interests or networks.
Digital marketing allows you to constantly track campaigns and provides you unique opportunities to ensure you’re getting the most bang for your buck. Unlike traditional marketing where you have very little data, for example your billboard advertisement still costs the same, whether it converts for you or not. It also allows you to control exactly where you spend your money, perhaps rather than paying for PPC campaigns you invest in design software for Instagram content.
Matching the big players in the industry
Digital marketing allows you to identify certain keywords that relate to your product or service and produce high quality content to help you rank on search engines for those keywords. Search engines don’t care which company is bigger, instead they will prioritise content that resonates best with what target audience is looking for.
Social media also allows you to reach new audiences through influencer marketing. This avenue allows you to use social media users to showcase a product or service that they like to their fans.
You can comprehensively track all metrics, including impressions, shares, views, clicks and time on page from start to finish. This includes allowing you to see the exact number of people who have viewed your website’s homepage in real time by using digital analytics software. You can also see how many pages they visited, what devices they were using and where they came from amongst other data sets.
Technology gives business owners endless opportunities to engage with their customers, from review management, social media posts or email newsletters. Digital marketing mediums allow you to potentially reach your audience anytime they check their smartphone or desktop. Additionally, you can push a particular product or aspect of your brand to your audience.
As you can see digital marketing strategies are vital for growing your business and brand awareness. Digital content and marketing is so common that consumers now expect and rely on it to learn about brands. Business owners can easily achieve better results by incorporating technology-focused marketing strategies.
Perth Digital Marketing Experts
At Studio22, we’re a diverse bunch of dedicated, digital experts.
From website design and SEO to comprehensive digital marketing – we have the services your business needs to see results.
Ready to kickstart your business in 2022?
Organise your digital marketing strategy.
Contact Studio22 today to discover our Perth digital marketing services.